Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Safety First very important


As a marine consultant I see many products hitting the market hoping you will part with your hard earned cash and most of them are not realy up to the job. I have just tried a product called SPEEDSEAL in our boat. To change the impeller in our raw water pump in a marina berth took me 1hr 45 mins as I only have 100mm in front of the pump because of a water tight bulkhead. I bought a SPEEDSEAL and fitted it in 3 mins. I then took the boat to sea in a F5 and tried to change the impeller. From the time I opened the engine room hatch to the time I closed it after changing the impeller took me 5 mins and 12 secs and this was while the boat was rolling through 48degs and the engine was hot. As you will see from this test to have a SPEEDSEAL is a major saving in time spent in the engine room at sea and a considerable safety factor in the lesser down time for the motor. If you are interested in the SPEEDSEAL contact them at http://www.speedseal.com/ and talk to Alex a most helpfull man.

No comments: